Yearlong Internships

Yearlong Internships banner


To be admitted to student teaching, students must meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Completion of all other course work
  • An overall GPA of 2.50 or higher in the student's total program of study
  • Grades of C or higher in all professional education courses, and a GPA of 2.75 or higher in those courses
  • Grades of C or higher in all courses in the student's area of teaching specialization, and a GPA of 2.75 or higher in those courses
  • Prior admission to a teacher education program
  • Senior Status
  • Completion of at least two diverse settings PRIOR to the full-time student teaching semester (student teaching placement may be the third diverse placement)

Yearlong Internship-Student Teaching - Application

Available to all Undergrads: required for B-K, Elementary Education, Middle Grades, Special Education, Foreign Language Minors, and Secondary Education Minors.

Undergraduate teacher education candidates participate in the yearlong internship during the final year of the program.  During the first semester, students spend one day per week in an assigned classroom while completing coursework on campus.  During the second semester of the internship, students complete full-time student teaching in the same classroom.

Students apply for the yearlong internship two semesters before the student teaching semester.  Fall student teachers apply during the previous fall.  Spring student teachers apply during the previous spring.

Arts Education - Application

Student teaching is the capstone experience for students preparing for a career in teaching. Students spend a full semester in the classroom of a master teacher, assuming the teacher's instructional and non-instructional duties while demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and dispositions acquired during course work on campus.

Students not previously enrolled in a yearlong internship must apply one semester prior to student teaching. 

Questions? Visit the Office of Field Experiences, College of Education Building Suite 139, or call