Criteria for Admission to the Graduate Student Teaching
Before beginning the graduate student teaching, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Formal admission to the Graduate Certificate in Teaching or the Master of Arts in Teaching through the Office of Teacher Education Advising and Licensure (TEAL).
- Completion of all professional education coursework with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and no more than two grades of C.
- Completion of all background coursework requirements in the teaching content area with a GPA of 2.50 or better and no grades lower than C.
- Documentation of completion of current technology requirements for your program.
- Documentation of field experiences in at least two diverse settings prior to graduate student teaching. You must have documentation of three diverse settings in order to obtain licensure.
Application forms require the free software Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below to download.
Questions? Visit the Office of Field Experiences, College of Education Building Suite 139, or call 704-687-8802.